Edelkrone Slider Plus. Twice As Nice For $499
The people over at Edelkrone have some killer design ideas. The latest is the Slider Plus. The new slider will give you two feet of effective travel with a one foot footprint. The entire sled travels with the camera while mounted on a tripod. However, on the deck the slider only gives you one foot of travel. This innovative system will be great for travel gigs and confined sets. The Edelkrone Slider Plus will set you back around $499 US.
- Ultra Portable: Slider Plus is the only 2 feet slider in the world that you can fit in your backpack.
- Lightweight: Thanks to Slider Pluses unique design it uses only half the amount of rails to achieve the extra long distances it goes. So you carry half the weight you would normally carry around.
- Smooth Start and Stop: Slider plus moves as a whole. So more mass travels when you operate the slider. This gives smoother and very natural starts and stops compared to the regular slider designs.
- Ready for the motorized motion control unit.: Slider Plus has a port on its side to attach the “motorized motion control module”. It is convenient for repeating the same shot or time lapse projects.
- Longer dolly-in/out range: When shooting dolly-in/out style, slider plus gives double the range compared the regular slider designs. When you pull the camera back the rails also retracts and they don’t interfere with the shots.
- Works both on tripods and on ground: Thanks to the 4 height adjustable knobs under the slider plus it works on ground too. Slider Plus delivers 2 ft travel on tripod and 1 ft travel on ground.
- Quick Drag Adjustment and Locking: Quickly and conveniently adjust the amount of drag you want for better speed control. Or lock completely in any position with a flick of a knob.