First Look Video. Letus Anamorphx Adapter For The GoPro Hero 3+
Here is a quick test with the killer new Letus Anamorphx adapter for the GoPro Hero 3+. The adapter screws on to the existing GoPro Hero Underwater and Skeleton housing with the existing 4 screws and gasket. This version was a prototype and had a slight edge blur on the camera right side. All good for the current versions soon to hit the street. The Letus Anamorphix adapter will set you back around two hundred smackers. We used GoPro Studio and corrected the Anamorphic Squeeze with the “4:3-Wide” setting. The adapter only works with the Hero 3+ housing. The GoPro Hero 3 will fit in the newer housing to work with the anamorphic adapter. A HUGE THANKS to GT and Aaron from Letus for hooking us up with the adapter for the shoot. Chloe Mae Loop, Lan Bui and Chris Collins for helping out.
Music: Fine Arts Quartet
Click here to check it out.
Here is a Quick Take of the new Letus Anamorphx adapter for the GoPro Hero 3 +.
Here are the specifications.
- 1.33x squeeze factor
- Custom CNC aluminum housing
- Use the GoPro Hero3+ waterproof housing for mounting. The adapter replaces the waterproof lens housing element. The unit will retain waterproof property.
- In 1080p shooting mode, the Letus AnamorphX-GP will convert the GoPro’s standard 16:9 aspect ratio footage into a cinematic 2.39:1 aspect ratio without the need for cropping (post production de-squeeze is required).
- In SuperView mode the GoPro records in 4:3 aspect ratio and digitally stretch the image into 16:9 aspect ratio (http://gopro.com/support/articles/what-is-superview). This is referred to as dynamic stretching by GoPro. The center of the image is kept the same but the outer edges of the image are progressively stretched outward. This can cause image distortion, especially on the edges. GoPro does not recommend framing people on the edges in SuperView mode as the added distortion will make people on the side look much fatter than they really are. When using the Letus AnamorphX-GP, the extra 33% (1.33x) field of view will create a true 16:9 image that compensates for the digital stretch. As a result, the GoPro in SuperView mode with the Letus AnamorphX-GP yields a true 16:9 image! People (objects) on the edges of the frame will have a more normal aspect with reduced distortion*. You can use the 16:9 images in superview mode with the Letus AnamorphX-GP adapter as is. Superview mode will not need to be de-squeezed in post. It produces a true 16:9 aspect ratio with an extreme wide angle FOV.
- Letus AnamorphX-GP 1.33x lens adapter
- Torx 5 wrench for installation