Industry Tape. Zero Residue Gaff and Camera Tape.
The above picture of a bad tape job on the handle of a Sony F3 shows how easily cheap tape can ruin camera equipment. The handle will be a little sticky forever. Right after posting that photo on Twitter. I was handed a roll of this killer new Gaff tape by Industry Tape. They claim that there is “Zero Residue”. This would be a huge plus. The roll that I got works like a charm. I left it on my laptop overnight and there is no residue. It also appears to be very strong. I would feel pretty good about using it as a backup safety harness for mounted camera systems. Industry Tape is comparable in price to regular Gaff tape and will make a great addition to any kit. Here is a rip from the Industry Tape website. Click here to check it out.
“Industry Tape is a revolutionary new adhesive. Unlike conventional adhesives, Industry Tape leaves zero residue while maintaining its strength and durability.”
- Industry Tape leaves no residue when removed from wires, stages floors, walls, etc. (even under warm temperatures)
- Designed for easy tear
- Even, clean, 90 degree tears every time
- High tensile strength
- Puncture resistant
- Weather resistant
- Moisture resistant
- Able to remove and reapply – no sticky mess, no loss of adhesion
- Able to easily unstick from adhesive-to-adhesive contact
- No shelf life
- Comes in both glossy and matte finishes
- Comes in wide variety of colors, striped caution pattern, and custom patterns