Metabones Announces New MFT to Canon EF Speed Booster Adapter. $599US
Metabones has finally announced the new micro four thirds MFT to Canon EF mount speed booster. This puppy will decrease the crop on the Panasonic GH4 to about 1.7X according to Andrew Reid over at EOSHD.com Here is a rip from his site and the specification breakdown from the metabones site. The MFT to EF speed booster retails for $599 US and is available now through the metabones website. We should have them in stock here very soon.
“In 4K mode on the GH4 we end up somewhere between 1.7x and 1.8x crop depending on the type of 4K resolution selected. The 4096 x 2160 DCI 1.85:1 mode of course uses more of the sensor area to record the image thus the crop factor is a little less. In stills mode and with the internal 1080p recording the crop factor with Speed Booster is 1.5x, or actually in cinematography terms a 1.0x because it is Super 35mm.”
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Build-in electronics to control lens aperture.
- The lens aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Powered by camera body. no external power source required. (also accept 3rd party external power supply via MicroUSB socket)
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
Optics designed by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending)