Sony HDR-AS15 Action Cam POV Test 120 fps. Gaff Taped To A Boxing Glove.
Here is a little test video with the new Sony HDR-AS15 Action Cam. The idea was to gaff tape the camera to a boxing glove to get direct contact POV shots at 120 fps. The headband mount worked great for the reverse angle. The Sony Action Cam held up just OK for interior shots. Even though it felt like we had enough light we needed tons more. It works great for its intended use, outdoor extreme sports with lots of light. The iPhone interface was flawless. It lets you quickly change field of view from 120 degrees to 170 degrees and change frame rates from 30P-120P. It also lets you start and stop the camera. This camera may have stiff competition from Go Pro with the new announcement of the Hero 3 camera. However at only $250 with built in everything, the Sony may be better bang for your buck. A huge thanks to Black House training, Jamie Yager, Kevin Casey and Scotty Nelson of OTM fight shops. Here is a rip from the B&H website.
- Capture Full HD 1920 x 1080/30p Video
- Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Compact, Rugged Design for Action Sports
- Waterproof Housing with Tripod Mount
- Waterproof Case Goes Down to 197′ (60 m)
- Wide Angle Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens
- SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- HD Slow Motion Mode at 60 or 120 fps
- HDMI Output & Built-In Stereo Microphone
- Memory Stick Micro & MicroSD/SDHC Slot